The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution may grant us all the right to bear arms, but local and state law ultimately rule.
Such laws can limit or even restrict a person’s Second Amendment rights entirely.
This is true even if you have a license to carry (LTC). In fact, those with an LTC have more responsibility than the average gun owner. You could get arrested for unlawfully carrying. That is, if you fail to adhere to the exact rules and regulations set forth in your LTC contract.
If you own or plan to own a firearm in Texas, make sure that you are knowledgeable about firearm-carrying laws, otherwise, you risk losing your right to carry altogether.
Are you in hot water over a firearm issue? Contact a Waco, Texas firearms attorney near you for immediate and aggressive legal assistance today.
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR CASE
Speak with a Texas gun rights lawyer today.
Simer & Tetens Has an Outstanding Track Record of Success
Simer & Tetens started out as a one-lawyer, small-town operation but has since grown to include several reputable attorneys who have several years of experience throughout multiple practice areas under their belts.
Individuals throughout Waco and surrounding areas have learned that they can count on us for all of their legal needs.
If you have been arrested for a gun crime in Waco, let our firearm and gun rights attorneys take over your case and fight for your freedom.
Our gun restriction lawyers will defend you in the following ways.
- Review your case;
- Explain the charges and the possible consequences;
- Develop a strategy based on your unique circumstances;
- Help you understand your legal options and potential outcomes;
- Gather evidence that supports your case;
- Support you both in and out of the courtroom;
- Negotiate for a better outcome on your behalf.
Unwavering Legal Support for All Firearms Related Crimes
Firearms-related crimes can range in severity and be something as minor as the unlawful possession of a firearm to something extreme, such as murder or trafficking of firearms.
At Simer & Tetens, our firearms attorneys defend you no matter the charge.
Some charges that our team has successfully fought include the following:
- Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon: You can face charges if you have a firearm in your possession but do not have a license to carry.
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm: You can face charges if you possess a firearm within five years of being convicted of a felony offense or in other circumstances.
- Unauthorized Trafficking of Firearms: If you move firearms across state or international borders with the intent to sell, you can face charges of trafficking firearms.
- Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm: If you discharge your firearm in a public place or across a public road, you can face charges.
- Aggravated Assault: If you use or display your firearm while in a physical altercation with another person, you can face charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- Murder: If you use a firearm to intentionally cause the death of another human being, you can face charges of murder.
Charges with a License to Carry
Even if you have a license to carry, you can still face gun crime charges.
Even if you obtained an LTC, you may still find yourself on the wrong side of the law.
Here are some examples:
- You ignore posted warning signs regarding concealed weapons or handguns;
- You intentionally display your handgun in plain view in a public place for the purpose of intimidation;
- Illegal possession of the firearm, meaning that you carried a handgun to/in the following places/circumstances:
- College campus, where concealed carry is prohibited;
- High school, college, or professional sporting event;
- Correctional facility;
- Hospital or nursing facility;
- Place of worship;
- While intoxicated; or
- An Alcoholic Beverage Code licensed premises.
Contact a Firearms Attorney in Waco, Texas For Assistance
If you face gun crime charges in Waco, Texas, contact the Waco firearms attorneys at Simer & Tetens today. We provide the unwavering support and aggressive legal representation that you need.
We will review your case, advise you of your best possible legal options, and do everything in our power to build the strongest case. This way, we can help you obtain the best possible outcome.
Source: The Houston Chronicle